Have you ever watched one of the highly popular poker tournaments on television and wished you could be playing in one? Well, now you can, and you don’t have to be a professional to do it. In fact, you can be brand new at poker and still find poker tournaments that will match you against other newcomers. The best part is that you can do it from the comfort of your own home or anywhere else that you have an Internet connection.
The popularity of poker tournaments and led to a rapid increase in online casinos and poker rooms and they provide all of the excitement of the televised poker tournaments. A good poker site offers a wide variety of online casino games to choose from including Texas Hold’em, Omaha, and 7 Card Stud.
There are also a wide variety of tournament formats to choose from including single table tournaments, multi-table tournaments, and even second chance tournaments. The buy-ins for the tournaments range from very small amounts to much larger amounts for high rollers.
There are poker tournaments starting constantly so you won’t have to wait for a seat to open up. You can risk as much as you want and the poker site will even provide you with an opportunity to play online poker for free while you learn the online gambling games.
It is easy to register with an online poker website and there is no cost. When you’re ready to start playing for real money you can make your deposits easily and know that your account is 100% secure. So sign up now and enter the exciting world of tournament poker.
Famous Poker Players
Online poker is a very popular casino game and its popularity is increasing all the more due to the advancements in technology and television. According to many players, poker is a game that holds a lot of appeal to their instincts and challenges their skills. There are many famous poker players who have earned a fortune with this game. The ten most famous players are:
- Full tilt poker: Erick Lindgren: He makes constant efforts to play a better poker game by observing his opponents very closely. The first major tournament of poker won by Erick was at Bellagio and since then this famous poker player has been playing at Full Tilt poker exclusively.
- Chris Ferguson: Due to the special appearance of this poker player, people nicknamed him “Jesus”. For 18 straight years Chris Ferguson was enrolled at the UCLA, as a graduate for 5 years and as an undergraduate for 13 years. Even though he had to leave, he was given PhD in Computer science before leaving.
- Howard Lederer: He is popular as the “professor” of poker. Howard is also a world champion chess player. Besides Howard, his sister Annie Duke is also a professional poker player and Ultimate Bet sponsors her.
- Eric Seidel: He is also a famous poker player who has been a fan of the game. He found out about the poker game when he was playing backgammon with players like Howard Lederer. This famous player even tried becoming a Wall Street broker, but after the market crashed in 1987 he chose poker.
- John Juanda: John Juanda a famous poker player tried his hands at many jobs including that of a door-to-door salesman for the Bible. He wanted to be a medical doctor, but took to the world of poker.
- Jennifer Harman: She is a poker player popular for her involvement in high stake cash games. She belongs to the category of female poker players who turned pros. In Doyle Brunson’s Super System 2, Jennifer has a section related to playing Texas Hold’em with fixed limit.
- Phil Gordon: He became a popular poker player when he was placed on the 4th rank in 2002 in the WSOP. He won 400,000 dollars in this game. He has also done Binion’s Horseshoe analysis and written many books too.
- Mike Matusow: He is popular by the name of ‘The Mouth” Matusow. He does not worry about creating a scene at the poker table while playing. He has also been imprisoned for some time due to drug involvement.
- Ultimate bet: Antonio Esfandiari: He is primarily known as “The Magician”, a guy who loves to flare up to 8 chips in both his hands. When he plays poker he flaunts many chip and card tricks.
- Annie Duke: She is Howard Leader’s sister, well known for knocking her brother out in the multiple major multi table tournaments of poker, even in the World Series of Poker.
Win at Poker World Series
Being suspicious of all possible dangers is one way to make the best in the World Series of Poker, but too much of caution might take someone nowhere, a reasonable risk should be taken, but a good player should know where trouble can possibly peep if he has to dare to undertake a challenge.
It is also possible that many times one might beat themselves by possibly folding a really winning hand.
However, most of the time one should look for some really good reasons to fold some truly questionable hands in major events like World Series of Poker.
Most of the time, the folding of questionable hands might prove beneficial when the heads up players finally showdown, thus saving the player that folded the questionable hand with some loss of money.
Bluffing in the poker series should be done wisely; most players are going to be the experienced ones that might have done pages and pages of homework about how to crack bluffing.So, bluffing without enough expertise to do it might leave one with nothing other than getting caught and losing domination over the table.
Straights and flushes are very rare happenings and especially when playing in World Series of poker (Win at Poker World Series) kind of games, one will have to play without too much of pre-conditioning of the mind with having fable targets like flushes and straights.
Such is a possibility when the pockets and flops have already turned out to be favorable, but straights and flushes have low probability in turn and river.
Some popular players in the World Series of poker are proven to pretend that the stakes are going to be theirs despite holding medium and craps.
There are solid proofs of such repeated incidents when the other players with hands that truly have a scope just lay down to fold fearing the reputation and trusting the fake pretenses of the winning player.
Anyone that is preparing to play World Series of Poker (Win at Poker World Series) should be determined to not to loose or fold down in fear of reputation. Many good players have lost the best pots due to such a psychological fear.
The term “play the players” refers to identifying how tricky the player could possibly be and to play accordingly, and it does not mean that one will have to fear the reputation of any opponent due to their pages of wonderful histories.